Are you a US or Canadian Campus Radio DJ ready for international exposure?
This is the ultimate chance for aspiring music radio DJs to showcase their talent in front of an international radio industry audience and further boost their on-air aspirations.
Together with its partners HD Radio, CMJ.com and mixcloud.com, the International Radio Festival (IRF) invites all College Radio’s and their DJs in the USA and Canada to submit their best music radio show for a chance to win a trip to attend and broadcast their winning show live-on-air at the IRF in Zurich, Switzerland; with flights and hotel accommodation all paid for!
The Winning Radio DJ will receive:
1. Complimentary round trip flight on SWISS International Airlines to the 2014 International Radio Festival in Zurich for the period: 3-7 September 2014. www.swiss.com
2. Complimentary hotel accommodation incl buffet breakfast and all local taxes at the FourPoints Hotel Zurich, incl airport transfers. www.fourpointssihlcity.com
3. One (1) Portable HD Radio Receiver and One (1) Tabletop HD Radio Receiver from iBiquity. www.ibiquity.com & www.hdradio.com
Web Host: mixcloud.com
Launch Date: October 2013 at the CMJ Festival Lower Manhattan, USA
Contest Run Dates: 15th October 2013 to 15th March 2014
How to Enter:
International Radio Festival Search for the Best US & Canada College Music Radio Show, is presented by HD Radio™ Technology, in association,with CMJ & mixcloud.com
- Record blocks of 30 minute music radio mixes which best represent your on-air style.
- All genres of urban contemporary electronic music are welcome; from Pop to Rock, Punk to Disco, or Easy Listening to EDM; the choice is yours, just remember its about curated radio and that radio also educates by talking about ones choice of play list.
- Upload your 30 minute radio mixes to the IRF mixcloud.com page. Judges will look more favorably upon presenters who can showcase consistency and variety by uploading shows regularly during the competition period.
- Tag your show with “IRF Search”. If you fail to tag your show correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Include a paragraph description of the unique aspects of your particular College Radio show
- Include the IRF Campus Radio Contest competition cover-art in your posts (As per above – use right mouse click to save)
- Add your track list for each of your uploaded shows
- Share your shows on Twitter with the hash tag #iirfradiofest. – the more people you involve and who like your shows, the better your chance of winning (we also want to know what your listeners think)
- Upload your show(s) before the closing date, the end of 15th March 2014.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and no entrance fees whatsoever are due.
- Competition is open all USA & Canadian University Radio Jockeys and Producers.
- Entrants must be enrolled as a student at an accredited USA or Canadian University/College during the competition period.
Terms & Conditions
We do not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Please do not post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you’ve never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. And please do not favorite dozens of other entries that you haven’t bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior, you will not win this competition!
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with insomniac. Insomniac reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud’s full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.